Friday, April 3, 2009

An unexpected loss today....

Misaki collapsed today (thank goodness it was while he was already at the vets---being rechecked for a repiratory infection), despite all our efforts we were unable to revive him. My dad even tried open chest heart massage, in which he knew there woudl be little chance once he felt his heart, he said it felt like a rock, it was very tough. He had Feline Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy which essentially the heart wall is so thickened the heart can't pump the blood properly, it is something there is no cure for. Most cats with it after diagnosed live anywhere from 60 days-6 years depending on their symptoms and how damaged the heart is. It is weird as my cousin just lost his Pit Bull to this about 2 weeks ago, it's extremely RARE in dogs, and she just collapsed in his backyard. She was only 5 years old. Rob even cried at work when I told him (which he normally cries for the loss of our animals because I'm crying and he hates to see me upset) but Saki aka Paleface stole both of our hearts in a matter of minutes. Rest in Peace sweet baby boy, you took a piece of our hearts with you, and you will remain in our memories forever. Thank goodness for Rainbow Bridge, it makes the passing of a beloved furkid so much easier, as I know I will have quite the slew of animals waiting for me when I get there. I'll be overrun with them :)





On a weird note, Pipsqueak is being unusually snuggly this evening. He RARELY snuggles other than maybe on the side of me on our couch, but he's been in my lap for the past 1/2 hour. Purring his butt off so loud/hard he's chirping like Mini Dee does when she purrs.

1 comment:

PETERSON FAMILY said...

Oh Heather I am so sorry. He is such a cute cat. That is terrible. At least he had the joy of being in your home and getting all the love and attention he deserves from you and Rob. It is always hard to lose a pet unexpectidly. Again I am sorry my heart aches for you and Rob.
Oh I do agree with the slew of animals waiting to great you at Rainbow Bridge. You will have to push through all of them there will be so many. That should make your heart feel good to know that you have given love to so many furkids in need. Again my deepest sympathy.
Kelly