Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lilly & Ginny's new setup

Ginny & Lilly are my guinea pigs that I rescued (Ginny was brought in for adoption to our clinic for biting a kid) and Lilly was dumped at Petco (that place is a dangerous place for me to go). Anyways I finally found the cubes that my dad said I could have if I found them in our storage at the clinic. If they were a snake they would have bitten me. So I made them their little cage today, and put them together. Here they are meeting:

Lilly (white) on the left, Ginny on the Right

Ginny on the Left Lilly on the right enjoying breakfast veggies

Lilly on the Left, Ginny on the Right
Here is the C&C Cage, although I don't have the Chloroplast yet. They are on a piece of tile board right now. The cage is 2x4 squares. They are loving all the room as opposed to the tiny petstore cages. Here is where I learned about the cages: http://www.guineapigcages.com/
I've had guinea pigs off and on for YEARS and NEVER once knew that they should have more room. Now I can educate our guinea pig owners as well.



I would love to 'potty' box train them so I can just have a blanket down and not the mess with the aspen bedding but we shall see, they tend to like to go potty just where they are.

No comments: