Friday, March 4, 2011

Shellie & her allergies...

As the weather warms up, we're spending more time outside, longer walks etc.  Well poor Shellie is itching herself silly...to the point I had to put an ecollar on her to keep her from making her ears bleed (she has an ear infection at the moment).  She has been on benadryl, but I don't think it's working any more so we are switching her to Zyrtec (generic) 3 & 1/2 tablets per day, but I found I can get it at Dollar Tree for $1 for 14 pills so 4 packs last about 2 weeks...cheaper than I priced it at walmart....at least it's just once a day dosing instead of the 2-3 times a day that Benadryl needs.  Then we are also going to make sure she gets her Salmon Oil/Vit E Combo, Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, as well as keeping her on the diet she's on (raw).  I hope the Zyrtec helps, she's so miserable scratching and itching all the time.  She literally rubs her face on the carpet trying to get relief.  Darn allergies!  We are pretty sure it's Atopy/Seasonal as she is getting worse as the weather gets warmer and she's outside more.  I think it could be why she has no hair on her chest/stomach......from scratching so much.  

No comments: