Monday, June 15, 2009

Week of Dog Shows...

Since my sister, Jen has a harder time getting off work now that she works at Petco, I offered to take her Standard Poodle, Jewel to the dog shows. They were in Blackfoot, Idaho. It was a lot of fun, and the first time I have gone to a dog show by myself (well I was with Susan one of our friends), anyways I learned a lot and can't wait to go to the next show in July in Eagle, Co. Jewel did good, she is 10 months old so is still very much a puppy and learning to the ropes of being a show dog. It was just a little slightly intimidating that the #4 Standard poodle in the country was there! Who's handler REALLY likes Jewel, she told me a couple of times how pretty Jewel is and how nice she was. I got some show tips from another handler there as well, so hopefully the next show will go smoother for us. Here are a couple pictures of Jewel


1 comment:

PETERSON FAMILY said...

Wow Guys she is beautiful. That is awesome you are still showing with Susan Adamson right? Well let her know that Shih Tzu that she gave me to give to my grandparents. I think she called him Buzz, we call him Buddy is doing really well, he is the best dog ever, so good with the kids and everything. Good luck in CO