Thursday, May 14, 2009

Healthy Wet Food for dogs

I made a healthy mixture of 'food' for the dogs to entice Shellie to eat better. It consists of 1# of hamburger, 1 grilled chicken breast, 1 salmon patty, 2 cups brown rice, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 4 hardboiled eggs, 3 cups mixed veggies all were ground in a food processor and all were cooked, Munchie the kitty is the supervisor, and Shellie was Quality control...as you can tell she LOVED it! I only give like 1/4 cup per feeding to Shellie and then maybe 2 teaspoons to the chihuahuas mixed with their dry food per feeding. I separate it out into storage containers freeze some, and keep 1 in the fridge.

I also mixed up the dogs weekly foods, since they are on supplements and such and to save time I portion out their am/pm feedings for each day add the powdered supplements and put them in rubbermaid type containers...BIG time saver! I do this about 1x a week. Yah my babies are spoiled.

No comments: